Deer-like humanoids from Lee-Arius and the Free States.
Physical Description: Fei’nos are essentially human in shape, standing nearly 6 feet high, with flowing manes of hair (Including beards on the males), and short deer-like tails. A light downy fur covers their torsos (in the males) and outer arms and legs, with longer hair patches coming off the shoulders, elbows, lower arms, hips and legs. Their ears are long and deer like, and have the ability to move to catch sounds around them. A fei’nos’ skin tone matches their fur, and their eyes range in color from dark yellow to brown, and sometimes hazel.
Society: Fei’nos are a family oriented culture, with small families working their own land together. They are often friendly to other cultures and accepting of foreign traditions.
Relations: Fei’nos are a bit stand-offish towards Lee-Arians as a society because of past political issues. Never the less, you will often see strong bonds between Fei’nos and most humans. They don’t often interact with the other blessed races of Galalia, but sometimes you will see odd pairings when some venture out of their homes for the Free States.
Adventurers: Fei’nos are a curious, adventurous race, making them idea for travelling around.
Names: Fei’nos are named at birth, and are given three names: A formal name, a familiar name and a surname. A fei’nos’ formal name is said to be a name that they will grow into, and is often the name of a hero of old, or a great ancestor. The familiar name is most commonly used among people who knew the fei’nos as he grew up, and by the people who are closest to him. Also the familiar name tends to be smaller and have a more soft sound to it. Calling a fei’nos by his familiar name without permission can be considered an insult.
Formal Names: Aglouros, Cipriana, Damaris, Hieronem, Prokopios
Familiar Names: Akil, Biton, Cass, Eris, Hali, Medus, Saba
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Constitution.
- Size: Fei’nos are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Low-light Vision: Fei’nos can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Type: Fei’nos are humanoids.
- Speed: Fei’nos have a base speed of 40 feet.
- Languages: Fei’nos begin play speaking Free-slang and either Lee-Arian or Cagorian. Fei’nos with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Picerian, Gemmaran, Lee-Arian, Xelian, Kouvael, and Fei’nos.
Defensive Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Fei’nos have a natural armor bonus of +1.
- Elemental Weakness: Because of their strong ties with Lee-Arius, the Fire Sourcestone, Fei’nos take an extra +1 damage from any water energy attack.
Magical Racial Traits
- Fire Affinity: Fei’nos sorcerers with the elemental (fire) bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and class abilities. Fei’nos clerics with the Fire domain use their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
- Musical Resistance: Fei’nos receive a +2 bonus on saving throws made to resist musical effects, including sonic spells, Bardic music, and Enchantment spells having to do with music or dancing.
Alternate Racial Trait Options
Favored Class Options
(more to come)
- Bard: Add +5 feet to the range of one of the bard’s bardic performances (max +30 feet to any one performance).
- Druid: Add a +1/2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) checks relating to plants and burrowing animals.
- Fighter: Add +1 to the Fighter’s CMD when making a bull rush attempt.