Feline shape shifters from Cagoria.
Human While in human form, a Chatta’s eyes and the brief point to their ears are the only hints that they’re not human. Most Chatta tend to be female, an anomaly that no one really understands. They are a smaller race, with the males only reaching about 5’8", and most females barely reaching 5’4". Chatta have feline eyes that run from yellow, green, orange, amber and a few other rare colors of violet and blue. Their hair tends to curl mercilessly, and is usually platinum blond, blond, dirty blond, brown, or a strange tawny brown that is unique to their race.
Feline In feline form, Chatta resemble large house cats, about the size of a lynx. Their coloration run from tawny greys and browns, striped, spotted, or not, equally.
Society: Chatta have a strange way of interacting with others. Their race seems largely a fairy tale, as they tend to stick to Cagoria and the Dream Realms. However, more recently, younger Chatta have been seen traveling and adventuring. All Chatta consider each other family, even if they biologically aren’t. Often, the older ones will guide the younger fondly, calling them pet names and tending to have a great deal of patience with them. A Chatta that kills another of their kin will be shunned and exiled at best, hunted down and killed at worst. All in all, there are only about 500 Chatta in the world, and their race danger of going extinct.
Adventurers: Younger Chatta have been seen striking out on their own, joining adventuring groups and exploring the Elemental Realms, ignoring the dangers such things possess.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence.
- Size: Chatta are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Low-light Vision: Chatta can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Type: Chatta are humanoids.
- Speed: Chatta have a base speed of 30 feet in human, 40 feet in feline form.
- Languages: Chatta begin play speaking Chatta and Cagorian. Chatta with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Gemmaran, Lee-Arian, Free-Slang, and Chatta.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Mountaineers (Ex): Chatta receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks. As well, all jumps a Chatta makes count as if they had a running start.
Defensive Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Chatta have a natural armor bonus of +1.
- Elemental Weakness: Because of their strong ties with Cagoria, the Earth Sourcestone, Chatta take an extra +1 damage from any fire energy attack.
Magical Racial Traits
- Feline Form (Su): Chatta have the ability to change into a feline form, about the size of a lynx. (more)
- Earth Affinity: Chatta sorcerers with the elemental (earth) bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and class abilities. Chatta clerics with the Earth domain use their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
- Sleep Resistance: Chatta receive a +2 bonus on saving throws made to resist sleep effects.
Alternate Racial Trait Options